Risk Management Continuing Education Program for Counselors
HPSO is committed to providing the counselor community with the most comprehensive risk education resources available. In addition, HPSO, in partnership with Wolters Kluwer Health – Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) and CNA, the underwriter for the HPSO program, is pleased to announce our risk management continuing education program: Focus on Malpractice Prevention.
This risk management continuing education program uses materials based on the most frequent and severe areas of risk that face counselors today. The courses include interactive presentations with case-based questions, customized images, voiceover, and animation to enhance the learning experience. All modules include a post-test and are certified for NBCC continuing education credit*.
*Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is a NAADAC Approved Education Provider whereby credits are applicable for addiction counselor recertification. LWW also applies to the National Board of Certified Counselors and the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling for approval of all courses. Please refer to the accreditation statement on each course for approval information.
Save 10% on the cost of your HPSO professional liability insurance premium
You can receive a 10% non-cumulative risk management credit on your individual professional liability insurance premium for up to three years once you complete 3 contact hours in our online risk management continuing education program, Focus on Malpractice Prevention.
Save on the cost of your CE modules through LWW's CEConnection.com
Counselors who complete the Focus on Malpractice Prevention modules can save up to 50% on the cost of their continuing education modules from LWW. LWW, part of Wolters-Kluwer Health, is a leading international publisher of trusted content for practitioners, professionals, and students who want to learn new skills, stay up-to-date in their practice, and make informed decisions to improve patient care and clinical outcomes. LWW offers the largest collection of continuing education courses available online.
How to earn CE credits
- HPSO's Counselor risk management modules are located here.
- If you are new to the site, you must register. Completing the registration process allows you to activate your CE Planner, which maintains your certificates and results on file.
- After you have registered, you will find several courses listed on the Focus on Malpractice Prevention page under 'Collections'. Select only the individual module you wish to study and follow the online instructions. When you pass the posttest, add the activity to your shopping cart by clicking the + Cart button.
- At checkout, first, enter this code for your 1 FREE contact hour: HPSOFREE18
- Coupon codes must be used separately.
- For all other courses enter this code for your the 50% discounted rate: HPSODISC
(If purchasing more than one course enter the code AFTER all the items are in your cart and immediately before check out. PLEASE NOTE that if you apply the code before entering more courses the code will not work properly.)
- When you have completed a total of 3 contact hours, follow the instructions provided on the HPSO Risk Management CE Form to send your certificates to HPSO as proof that you have completed the course and to qualify for a 10% risk management premium credit on your individual policy.
Questions? Please call HPSO at 1-800-982-9491. Or if you need help with LWW's CE modules, please email LWW at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-787-8985.