Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Hospital Indemnity Protection (HIP) pays a daily benefit directly to you for each day you’re confined to a hospital. You can use the extra money to help cover out-of-pocket healthcare expenses or to pay your regular bills.
As you probably know, even people with good primary health insurance can face sizeable out-of-pocket expenses when a serious illness or injury puts them in the hospital. That's where HPSO’s Group Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) comes in.
HIP pays a cash benefit of up to $250 a day ($7,500 a month; $125,000 per covered stay), over and above any other coverage you may have, to use as you see fit for up to 500 days of hospitalization for each covered injury or sickness.
You can use the money for any purpose, including primary care co-insurance and deductibles or everyday living expenses that don't stop just because you're in the hospital.
You are eligible to enroll in this hospital indemnity insurance plan if you are a healthcare provider under age 60, a U.S. resident and actively working at least 20 hours a week (subject to state availability). Your spouse or domestic partner and dependent child (children) may also be eligible for coverage under this plan.
Summary of Benefits
- Select a daily benefit amount between $100 and $250
- Double the daily benefit, up to $500 per day for a maximum of up to 20 days, for days confined to an intensive care or coronary care unit*
- A $500 lump sum extended-confinement benefit if hospitalized for more than 10 consecutive days*
- Benefits are paid in addition to any other insurance you may have
- No medical testing or health questions required to enroll; acceptance guaranteed
- You cannot be singled out for a rate increase based upon your health status or any other individual factor
- Portable coverage – insurance stays with you, even if you change jobs
- 30-day free look – make sure you’re completely satisfied before paying your first premium
*Subject to limitations and exclusions; see your Certificate of Insurance for details.
Plan not available in Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.
For more information about this plan, including features, benefits, limitations, exclusions, terms of coverage and rates, please contact the plan administrator:
Healthcare Providers Service Organization
159 E. County Line Road
Hatboro, PA 19040-1218
This plan is underwritten by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York, NAIC No. 70106, domiciled in the state of New York with a principal place of business of One World Financial Center, 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states plus DC, except PR. Policies are issued by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York. The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York is responsible for the financial obligations of insurance products it issues and is a member of American International Group, Inc. (AIG).
This is a brief description of coverage provided under group policy number G-610,397, form number G-19000, and is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the respective policy. Please see the Certificate of Insurance for details. Coverage may vary and may not be available in all states.