Disability Income Insurance
Most people don't have enough money saved up to live on for an extended period if they're unable to work. This Disability Income Insurance plan is designed to help you get by if you're disabled and can't earn your regular paycheck.
If you were unable to work for an extended period of time due to a disability, your day-to day expenses wouldn't be covered by your health insurance plan. When you consider the potential effect a disability could have on your way of life, you really can't ignore the critical need to have a backup plan in place.
Disability Income Insurance provides cash benefits to help replace your income if you are unable to work for a prolonged period due to a covered illness or accidental injury.
Monthly disability benefits are sent directly to you to help cover deductibles and copayments, monthly bills and other expenses that accrue while you recover.
You are eligible to apply for this Disability Income Insurance if you are ahealthcare provider under age 60 and actively working at least 20 hours per week (subject to state availability).
Summary of Benefits
- Monthly benefits between $500 and $3,000*
- Choose a 2-year or 5-year benefit period
- Select a 30-, 60- or 90-day waiting period; the longer the waiting period, the lower your rate
- Own-occupation protection – benefits paid if you're unable to do your job – not just any job**
- Survivor benefit – provides extra help to your loved ones if you should die while receiving benefits**
- Waiver of premium benefit – once you've been receiving benefits for six continuous months, your premiums are waived until you're back on your feet**
- No medical exam is usually necessary to apply***
- Economical group rates exclusively for [healthcare providers / healthcare providers]
- Portable coverage – insurance stays with you, even if you change jobs
- 30-day free look – make sure you're completely satisfied before paying your first premium
*The amount of coverage that can be issued depends upon your earned income and other disability insurance you have in force, if any.
**Subject to limitations and exclusions; see your Certificate of Insurance for details.
*** Issuance of a Certificate of Insurance or payment of benefits may depend upon the answers given to health questions in the application and the truthfulness thereof.
For more information about this plan, including features, benefits, limitations, exclusions, terms of coverage and rates, please contact the plan administrator:
159 E. County Line Road
Hatboro, PA 19040-1218
Healthcare Providers Service Organization is a registered trade name of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (AR 244489); in CA, MN & OK , AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY and NH, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.
This plan is underwritten by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York, NAIC No. 70106, domiciled in the state of New York with a principal place of business of One World Financial Center, 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states plus DC, except PR. Policies are issued by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York. The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York is responsible for the financial obligations of insurance products it issues and is a member of American International Group, Inc. (AIG).
This summary is a brief description of benefits only and is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations of Group Policy No. G-179,328, Form No. G-19000. Coverage may vary or may not be available in all states.