Simple, no-frills protection that pays a cash benefit to provide your beneficiaries financial help
Lock in your rate today and get up to $2,000,000 in life insurance coverage with no scheduled premium increases for the next 10 or 20 years.
APTA Group Level Term Life Insurance is simple, no-frills protection that pays a cash benefit to provide your beneficiaries financial help if they should unexpectedly lose you. This coverage is called Level Term Life Insurance because your premium is scheduled to remain unchanged, or level, for the initial 10- or 20-year term of the plan, even if your health status changes and even as you grow older.
Members under age 55 are eligible to apply for the 20-year level term life plan; those under age 65 are eligible to apply for the 10-year plan. Your spouse or domestic partner may also be eligible for coverage under this plan.* The Level Term Life plan is currently not available in AK; FL; LA; ME; MS; MO; MT; NC; OH; OR; TX; VT; WA. Please check back for updates or contact the plan administrator with interest so you can be notified when this coverage becomes available in your state.
Summary of Benefits
- Choose between $100,000 and $2,000,000 in coverage. Spouses and domestic partners are eligible to apply for coverage up to $1,000,000.
- The rate you're eligible for today will not increase due to your age or health status for the full 10- or 20-year term you select**
- Living benefits of up to 50% of your coverage amount
- Benefits are paid in addition to any other insurance you may have
- Competitive group rates exclusively for APTA members and their spouses
- Portable coverage - insurance stays with you, even if you change jobs
- 30-day free look - make sure you're completely satisfied before paying your first premium
*All applications are subject to medical underwriting and approval. If a medical exam is required, it will be conducted at your convenience and at no cost to you.
** The insurance company does reserve the right to change premium rates, but may only do so for all insureds covered under the group policy.
1Includes features, costs, renewability, exclusions and limitations.
†Online application not available in SD. Residents of SD: please apply using the paper application.
Apply by Mail
If you have questions on this plan or other insurance plans designed exclusively for APTA members, call 1-800-982-9491.
This plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, NY NY 10010 (policy form GMR).