As a Fitness Professional, you may think that malpractice charges are something that only doctors and nurses need to worry about. But the truth is, today even Fitness Professionals like you can be sued.
You put yourself at risk with each client you see. Even in performing routine duties complications can arise. A dissatisfied client may file a lawsuit against you. Charges maybe totally without merit, but you may still have to defend yourself in court. These charges could result in damages awarded, in addition to the cost of an attorney to defend you.
Protect yourself against the cost and consequences of a lawsuit with Individual Professional Liability Insurance offered through HPSO
Why do I need coverage?
In this series of videos, attorney for healthcare professionals, Edie Brous, R.N., Esq., provides her insights into the value of having your own individual professional liability insurance policy.
WHY CHOOSE THE PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE PROTECTION OFFERED THROUGH HPSO?
- The coverage offered through HPSO is underwritten by American Casualty Company of Reading, Pennsylvania, a CNA company. With over 40 years of experience providing quality professional liability insurance to healthcare professionals, CNA has an outstanding reputation of handling claims quickly and fairly. The company continues to carry an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best Company, one of the nation's leading independent insurance analysts. This rating is your assurance of financial strength.
- The HPSO customer service center is staffed with knowledgeable, licensed service associates who are available to answer your questions at 1-800-982-9491 (M-F, 8 am - 6pm ET).
- Once a HPSO customer, you will be able to service your account through our integrated phone system or through our online account manager, the Virtual Customer Service Representative (VCSR).
|Apply Now - you may either complete an application online using our secure server, or print out an application to complete offline, then mail or fax it to HPSO.|
"Coverage that Protects your interests first and foremost"
You will be protected with expanded coverage features and benefits.
Up to $1,000,000 per claim professional liability coverage
- Covers you, up to $1,000,000 each claim, for amounts up to your limits of liability that you become legally obligated to pay as a result of a professional liability claim arising out of a medical incident.
- Covers you, up to $3,000,000 aggregate, for all covered claims arising during the policy period.
HPSO offers other liability limit and coverage options.
Please contact us if you'd like to learn more about these options.
- Protects you regardless of when a claim is filed, provided the policy was in force at the time the covered medical incident occurred.
- An attorney will be provided to represent you personally, when we find it necessary. Legal fees will be paid for covered claims, in addition to your liability limit - WIN OR LOSE.
Pays up to $10,000 aggregate for attorney fees as a result of your required appearance at a deposition that arises out of a covered claim for professional services.
Reimburses you up to $25,000 aggregate for lost wages and covered expenses incurred when you attend a required trial, hearing or proceeding as a defendant in a covered claim, subject to $1,000 daily limit.
- Reimburses you for your defense of disciplinary charges and other covered expenses arising out of a covered incident, up to $25,000 aggregate.
- You are protected 24/7 anywhere in the world for covered medical incidents, provided claim is brought against you in the United States, its territories, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
In addition, HPSO provides the following benefits:New Expanded Coverage - Assault Coverage
- If you are assaulted at work or while commuting to or from your workplace, we will reimburse you, up to $25,000 aggregate, for your medical expenses, including emotional counseling, or reimburse you for damage to your property. (Assault Coverage not available in Texas)
- Insures you, up to the applicable limits of liability, against covered claims arising from allegations of slander, libel, assault and battery, and other alleged personal injuries arising through the performance of your professional services.
You will be reimbursed for expenses you incur in rendering first aid to others up to $10,000 aggregate.
- Pays up to $100,000 aggregate, up to $25,000 per person, for reimbursement of medical expenses to others injured at your residence or business premises.
Pays up to $10,000 aggregate for damage caused accidentally by you to property of others at your residence or workplace.
New Coverage Enhancements for Healthcare Professionals!
NEW - Sexual Misconduct/Abuse1 - up to $25,000 aggregate:
Insures you, up to the applicable limit of liability, for amounts you are legally obligated to pay as a result of covered claims involving acts of sexual misconduct related to professional services. Defense coverage for covered allegations of sexual abuse is in addition to the sublimit of liability. There is no coverage for criminal acts, including consensual sexual activity.
Reimburses you, up to 25,000 aggregate, for costs to notify patients or clients of the violation of confidential personal information in compliance with privacy protection laws. It will also cover HIPAA fines and penalties you become legally obligated to pay.
1Effective for current insureds at renewal and new policy holders beginning November 1, 2010.
To see a list of professions covered, click here.
Current HPSO Customers: Great news! We’ve increased many of the coverage extension limits of your professional liability insurance policy through HPSO! Best of all, you don’t have to do anything to take advantage of these new enhancements. You will automatically receive these coverage upgrades at your next renewal - all at no additional cost!
- Call us toll free at 1-888-273-4610
- Fax us toll free at 1-800-739-8818
- e-mail us at email@example.com
This program is underwritten by American Casualty Company of Reading, Pennsylvania, a CNA company, and is offered through the Healthcare Providers Service Organization Purchasing Group. Coverages, rates and limits may differ or may not be available in all States. All products and services are subject to change without notice. This material is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the products and services offered. Only the policy can provide the actual terms, coverages, amounts, conditions and exclusions. CNA is a registered trademark of CNA Financial Corporation. Copyright © 2014 CNA. All rights reserved.
Healthcare Providers Service Organization is a registered trade name of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (AR 244489); in CA, MN & OK , AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrator and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY and NH, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.