Professional Liability and General Liability for Optometrists
When you work with HPSO, you'll find that we understand the needs of optometrists and offer outstanding coverage and service.
Some professional liability insurance programs provide limited malpractice coverage to optometrists. As your advocate with the insurance industry, we've made sure that the HPSO plan covers the range of professional optometric services provided within each state's defined scope of practice.
The policy offered through HPSO provides the following benefits:
General Policy Provisions
- Owners, Business Entity and Employees covered under one policy
- Legal Expenses — paid in addition to your liability limit
- Occurrence form available
- Consent to Settle Rights included
- NO deductible
- Professional Liability Insurance — up to $1,000,000 each claim/up to $3,000,000 aggregate (higher limits available)
- Optometrists Administrative Proceedings Defense — up to $25,000 aggregate
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Coverage — up to $25,000 aggregate
- Professional Boards or Organizations — included
- Defendant Expense Benefit for Lost Wages — up to $500 per day
- Deposition Expense Reimbursement — up to $2,500 aggregate
- Assault Coverage — up to $5,000 aggregate
General Liability Insurance
- Commercial General Liability — up to $1,000,000 each claim/up to $3,000,000 aggregate
- Personal and Advertising Injury Protection — up to $1,000,000 each claim/up to $3,000,000 aggregate
- Fire Legal Liability — up to $50,000 aggregate
- Medical Payments — up to $5,000 aggregate
The Affinity Healthcare program is underwritten by Granite State Insurance Company, an American International Group, Inc. (AIG), company. AIG has 40 years experience providing best—in—class coverage to the healthcare industry. AIG has an A.M. Best insurance financial strength rating of "A" (Excellent) and a Standard and Poor's credit rating of "A+" (Strong).
For more information on the policy benefits offered, view the detailed brochure.
Do you have all the coverage that you need for your non-medical activities? Click here to learn more.
Please contact us at 877-738-3714 (ph) or 847-953-2700 (fx) with any questions.
Get a Professional Liability Insurance Quote
This program is underwritten by American Casualty Company of Reading, Pennsylvania, a CNA company, and is offered through the Healthcare Providers Service Organization Purchasing Group. Coverages, rates and limits may differ or may not be available in all States. All products and services are subject to change without notice. This material is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the products and services offered. Only the policy can provide the actual terms, coverages, amounts, conditions and exclusions. CNA is a registered trademark of CNA Financial Corporation. Copyright © 2015 CNA. All rights reserved.
Healthcare Providers Service Organization is a registered trade name of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (TX 13695); (AR 100106022); in CA, MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (CA 0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY , AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.