Group Term Life Insurance for APTA Members
An easy and economical way to get up to $1,000,000 of insurance to better protect your family in the event of your death.
If something were to happen to you, your family would have to find a way to make ends meet without your income to help. With this Term Life coverage in place, your loved ones would receive a cash settlement upon your death that they could use to help meet financial obligations and maintain their standard of living.
You are eligible to apply for this group term life insurance if you are an APTA member, under age 65, a U.S. resident and actively working at least 20 hours per week. Your spouse or domestic partner and dependent child(ren) may also be eligible for coverage under this plan.* The Group Term Life plan is currently not available in AK; FL; LA; ME; MS; MO; MT; NC; OH; OR; TX; VT; WA. Please check back for updates or contact the plan administrator with interest so you can be notified when this coverage becomes available in your state.
Summary of Benefits
- Choose between $50,000 and $1,000,000 in coverage
- Living benefits of up to 50% of your coverage amount if you should be diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Waiver of premium provision if you should be totally disabled
- Benefits are paid in addition to any other insurance you may have
- Competitive group rates exclusively for APTA members and their dependents
- You cannot be singled out for a rate increase based on your health status or any other individual factor
- Portable coverage - insurance stays with you, even if you change jobs
- 30-day free look - make sure you're completely satisfied before paying your first premium
* All applications are subject to medical underwriting and approval. If a medical exam is required, it will be conducted at your convenience and at no cost to you.
**Includes features, costs, renewability, exclusions and limitations.
†Online application not available in SD. Residents of SD: please apply using the paper application.
Apply by Mail
If you have questions on this plan or other insurance plans designed exclusively for APTA members, call 1-800-982-9491.
This plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, NY NY 10010 (policy form GMR).