Group Term Life Insurance for APTA Members
An easy and economical way to get up to $1,000,000 of insurance to better protect your family in the event of your death.
If something were to happen to you, your family would have to find a way to make ends meet without your income to help. With this Term Life coverage in place, your loved ones would receive a cash settlement upon your death that they could use to help meet financial obligations and maintain their standard of living.
You are eligible to apply for this group term life insurance if you are an APTA member, under age 65, a U.S. resident and actively working at least 20 hours per week. Your spouse or domestic partner and dependent child(ren) may also be eligible for coverage under this plan.* The Group Term Life plan is not available in AK, LA, NH, OR, UT, and WA.
Summary of Benefits
- Choose between $50,000 and $1,000,000 in coverage
- Living benefits of up to 50% of your coverage amount if you should be diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Waiver of premium provision if you should be totally disabled
- Benefits are paid in addition to any other insurance you may have
- Economical group rates exclusively for APTA members and their dependents
- You cannot be singled out for a rate increase based on your health status or any other individual factor
- Portable coverage - insurance stays with you, even if you change jobs
- 30-day free look - make sure you're completely satisfied before paying your first premium
* All applications are subject to medical underwriting and approval. If a medical exam is required, it will be conducted at your convenience and at no cost to you.
For more information on this plan and other insurance plans designed exclusively for APTA members, call 1-800-982-9491.
This plan is underwritten by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York, NAIC No. 70106 domiciled in the state of New York with a principal place of business of One World Financial Center, 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states, plus DC, except PR. This summary is a brief description of benefits only and is subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of Group Policy No. G-610,297, Form no. G-19000. Coverage may vary or may not be available in all states.
Policies are issued by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York (all states). The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York is responsible for the financial obligations of insurance products it issues and is a member of American International Group, Inc. (AIG)