If you were to suffer a disability due to an injury or illness, your personal disability insurance would help you pay your personal expenses, but what about the continuing expenses of keeping your practice running?
Business Overhead Expense (BOE) Insurance is disability insurance for your practice. Coverage is designed to help cover eligible business expenses, such as business loans, leasing costs, taxes, employee salaries, maintenance and utilities, when the insured is totally disabled by a covered injury or illness and can't work in his or her profession. This added financial help could be the difference between keeping your practice running while you're recovering or having to shut the doors until you can return.
You are eligible to apply for this BOE Insurance if you are an APTA member, under age 60, actively working at least 20 hours per week, a U.S. resident and not serving active military duty in the service of any country for a period of more than 30 days.* The Business Overhead Expense plan is not available in AK, CO, LA, MD, MN, NH, NM, OR, SD, UT, and VT.
Summary of Benefits
- Choose between $500 and $15,000 in coverage**
- 30-day waiting period and 24-month maximum benefit period for each injury or sickness
- Covered business expenses include rent; utilities; employee salaries; taxes and mortgage interest payments on the business premises; business and malpractice insurance premiums; and other but similar fixed overhead expenses (see your Certificate of Insurance for a full list)
- Survivor benefit - continues to make up to three monthly payments for the insured's eligible portion of incurred expenses if disability results in death after at least 12 continuous months of receiving benefits
- Economical group rates exclusively for APTA members
- Waiver of premiums while you're totally disabled
- 30-day free look - make sure you're completely satisfied before paying your first premium
*All applications are subject to medical underwriting and approval. If a medical exam is required, it will be conducted at your convenience and at no cost to you.
For more information on this plan and other insurance plans designed exclusively for APTA members, call 1-800-982-9491.
This plan is underwritten by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York, NAIC No. 70106 domiciled in the state of New York with a principal place of business of One World Financial Center, 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states, plus DC, except PR. This summary is a brief description of benefits only and is subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of Group Policy No. G-610,344, Form no. G-19000. Coverage may vary or may not be available in all states.
Policies are issued by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York (all states). The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York is responsible for the financial obligations of insurance products it issues and is a member of American International Group, Inc. (AIG)